- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash and shallots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini and squash are crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- Add cream; cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into a greased 11x7-in. or 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and cheese. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forYellow Squash and Zucchini Gratin
"Great recipe. easy to make, lots of flavor and very creamy. Everyone loved it."
"Very simple to make but has a lot of taste. I added poblano peppers for a little kick but otherwise stuck to the recipe as it's listed and it came out just great! It's on our go-to list for Spring, we've made it 3x since it was published!"
"Served it for guests. Really great! easy to make and very tasty."