- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 22-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forYellow Cupcakes
"Beautiful fluffy batter. I was asked to bring 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes to my kids school this week. Decided to give this recipe a try. I made 1 1/2x the recipe so I'd have enough cupcakes. My daughter sampled the leftover one and said it was perfect. I made home made buttercream frosting, I'll frost tomorrow before I drop them off. As a Volunteer Field Editor, I love testing recipes and reviewing them!"
"Moist with good flavor but the top flattened while they were cooling."
"Way too sweet. I even cut the sugar to 1.5 cups and they were too sweet."
"delicious recipe very easy to make thanks for sharing"
"We cut the cupcakes in half and put strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles on top...perfect density. The kids LOVED them"
"This is very bland but eggy tasting. Not super moist. Definitely nothing special. I would actually prefer box mix over this."
"Horrible. Not good at all. I followed the recipe very very carefully. My cakes were dense and tasted like cornbread . You'd have to drown those cupcakes in frosting to make them taste good."
"Should I use salted or unsalted butter?"
"I want to try making these today but wondering if to use salted or unsalted butter. Please Help"