- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 22-24 cupcakes.
Reviews forYellow Cupcakes
"Great texture but these taste and look like sugar cookies, not yellow cake."
"Beautiful fluffy batter. I was asked to bring 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes to my kids school this week. Decided to give this recipe a try. I made 1 1/2x the recipe so I'd have enough cupcakes. My daughter sampled the leftover one and said it was perfect. I made home made buttercream frosting, I'll frost tomorrow before I drop them off. As a Volunteer Field Editor, I love testing recipes and reviewing them!"
"Moist with good flavor but the top flattened while they were cooling."
"Way too sweet. I even cut the sugar to 1.5 cups and they were too sweet."
"delicious recipe very easy to make thanks for sharing"
"We cut the cupcakes in half and put strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles on top...perfect density. The kids LOVED them"
"This is very bland but eggy tasting. Not super moist. Definitely nothing special. I would actually prefer box mix over this."
"Horrible. Not good at all. I followed the recipe very very carefully. My cakes were dense and tasted like cornbread . You'd have to drown those cupcakes in frosting to make them taste good."
"Should I use salted or unsalted butter?"