Yankee-Doodle Sirloin Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Mar 28, 2018
Jun 30, 2014
I've been using this recipe for four or five years now, ever since I came across it in one of the small (think Reader's Digest size) summer grilling special magazines. That being said, I've never made this recipe by any method other than grilling, and that done low and slow - for about four hours over indirect low heat. Also, I've only ever used chuck roast. This recipe has been requested on multiple occasions and has had teenage boys arguing over who would get the last bite.
Mar 3, 2011
I used the marinade for london broil on the grill and worked out nicely.
Jul 5, 2010
This turned out really dry. I would recommend cooking only 2 hours.
Jan 22, 2009
The flavor on this is good, but very strong. I think the marinade would make better jerky than a roast.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.