- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, pesto, 1 tablespoon oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, onion and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the spinach, chicken and tomatoes; cook until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; place in a large serving bowl. Add the chicken mixture, tomatoes and pesto mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forWorth Every Penne
"It was a good recipe but won't make again. Tasted like I poured italian dressing over it. Just wasn't worth the effort for me."
"Excellent recipe. My version of this recipe was a little different. I used 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings as my recipe called for the addition of 4 slices of sodium reduced bacon. I would keep the bacon but switch up the bacon drippings in my recipe for the olive oil in this version, much healtheir!!"
"This was very good. The only difference I did was to use regular tomatoes as I did not have any cherry tomatoes."
"This penne salad is very good to eat and one my family makes when we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box."