Two days before your party, bake the wontons; store in an airtight container at room temperature. Prepare the filling; cover and chill. Fill the shells just before serving.—Carol Moth, Windsor, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cut wonton wrappers into quarters; press into greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, chutney, peanut butter, lime juice, curry paste and salt. Fold in chicken.
- Just before serving, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling onto wontons. Sprinkle with onions.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Thai Kitchen green curry paste. Look for it in the Asian food aisle of your grocery store.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 31 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Wonton Wonders in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009