Witches’ Hat Biscuits
These delicious biscuits have a delicious pumpkin flavor that appeals to everyone. The honey butter adds a bit of sweetness to every bite.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pumpkin and buttermilk just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-1/4-in. witches' hat biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey butter ingredients. Serve with warm biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Biscuits in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.