VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Template on page XX
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour half of filling into crust. Drizzle ice cream topping to within 1 in. of edges. Top with remaining filling.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Trace template onto waxed paper; cut out. Place template on cheesecake and lightly trace outline using a toothpick. Place ice cream topping in a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner. Pipe an outline around design and fill with topping. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Witch-in-the-Moonlight Cheesecake in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p79