Wisconsin Cheddar-Cider Spread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Apple slices and/or rye crackers
- In a blender, combine the apple cider, yogurt, mustard and cheese; cover and process until blended. Stir in caraway seeds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with apples and/or crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 90 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 24, 2015
This was really tasty and such a nice change of pace. I've been following Ann's suggestion and broil it on toasted bread. Went perfectly with the gingered pumpkin bisque on our site.
Oct 21, 2015
We really enjoyed this recipe! I liked it with apple slices, while my husband preferred it on crackers.
Oct 20, 2015
Oh, boy! This is a delicious spread! I didn't have yogurt so substituted sour cream, but I would use yogurt. We enjoyed it cold, and we also had it broiled until melted and bubbly brown on toasted ciabatta bread with some soup. Definitely a keeper!!!