Wintertime Meatball Soup
This recipe is versatile. If you like, you can vary the vegetables that are added to the soup. In my version, I add a bit of chopped jalapeno pepper for some heat and serve the robust soup with cornbread or garlic bread.—Eunice Justice, Cody, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 9 hours
Makes15 servings (3-3/4 quarts)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, broth, spaghetti sauce, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir in the meatballs, mixed vegetables and cabbage. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 295 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1147mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Cold Weather Meatball Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.