Winter Wonderland Cereal Treats
This is a fun recipe to make with kids. They can help by decorating with gumdrops, pretzels and candies. Airheads Sour Belts make sweet scarves; snipped marshmallows work for hats. —Brenda Austin, Manlius, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 10 trees or 6 snowmen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Pretzel sticks, assorted candies and/or Fruit Roll-Ups, cut into thin strips
- Vanilla frosting
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cinnamon and marshmallows; stir until blended and marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in cereal until coated. Use mixture to shape trees or snowmen.
- For trees, press mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; cool completely. Cut into triangles.
- For snowmen, cool cereal mixture slightly; shape into different-sized balls using buttered hands. Stack balls to make snowmen.
- To decorate, attach pretzels, candies and/or Fruit Roll-Ups with frosting. Arrange cereal treats on a platter; surround with coconut. Serve the same day for best texture.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.