Winter Wonderland Cereal Treats
This is a fun recipe to make with kids. They can help by decorating with gumdrops, pretzels and candies. Airheads Sour Belts make sweet scarves; snipped marshmallows work for hats. —Brenda Austin, Manlius, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 10 trees or 6 snowmen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Pretzel sticks, assorted candies and/or Fruit Roll-Ups, cut into thin strips
- Vanilla frosting
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cinnamon and marshmallows; stir until blended and marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in cereal until coated. Use mixture to shape trees or snowmen.
- For trees, press mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; cool completely. Cut into triangles.
- For snowmen, cool cereal mixture slightly; shape into different-sized balls using buttered hands. Stack balls to make snowmen.
- To decorate, attach pretzels, candies and/or Fruit Roll-Ups with frosting. Arrange cereal treats on a platter; surround with coconut. Serve the same day for best texture.
Originally published as Rice Krispie Treat Snowballs in Taste of Home December/January 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.