- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 peppermint candies, crushed
- Place mixer beaters in a large metal bowl; refrigerate 30 minutes. Cut or tear cake into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- Break white chocolate into smaller pieces; microwave at 70% power, stirring after 45 seconds. Microwave until melted, about 30 seconds more. Stir until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes; stir 1/4 cup heavy cream into white chocolate until smooth.
- In the chilled bowl, beat remaining heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold two-thirds of whipped cream into white chocolate. Stir extract into remaining whipped cream.
- In a trifle bowl, layer cake and white chocolate mixture, repeating layers. Top with peppermint-flavored whipped cream. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forWinter Wishes Trifle
"This is a very light and tasty holiday trifle! It's perfect for holiday celebrations. I used white chocolate flavored instant pudding in place of the white chocolate. I added crushed peppermint candies in between the layers in addition to the top. I would recommend cutting the cake pieces small or using two cakes, since I didn't have enough cake for three layers."