Winter Veggie Stir-Fry
"My husband and I own and operate a 160-Holstein dairy in western Washington," writes Julie DeRuwe of Olympia. "He commutes one way to the dairy, and I drive the other way to my job in Kent. Even with our busy schedules, we still find time to share our favorite hobby—vegetable gardening. We enjoy our bounty year-round in dishes like this delicious stir-fry."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced parsnips
- 1/2 cup sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup julienned potatoes
- 1 cup julienned sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots, parsnips and onion in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes and ginger. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the broth, orange juice concentrate, salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Winter Veggie Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty October/November 2003