- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 3 fresh broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pepper to taste
- Place the turnips, rutabaga and carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut florets from broccoli and save for another use. Cut broccoli stalks into 2-in. julienne strips; add to saucepan. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter. Stir in the parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forWinter Vegetables
"This was the perfect winter vegetable dish. Cutting the rutabaga into strips was challenging but worth the effort!"