Winter Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the broth, potato, carrot and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, salt if desired and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 168 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Sep 6, 2011
My daughter made this and I loved it. I have made it several times myself. It is simple easy and DELICIOUS.
Oct 18, 2010
I double the recipe for my husband and I so that we can have a couple of bowls or leftovers. It's not super flavorful in my opinion, but is satisfying enough. Tonight I made a variation of it- added half of a package of Hickory Lil Smokies. Very good- my husband enjoyed it even more.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.