- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the broth, potato, carrot and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, salt if desired and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forWinter Vegetable Soup
"My daughter made this and I loved it. I have made it several times myself. It is simple easy and DELICIOUS."
"I double the recipe for my husband and I so that we can have a couple of bowls or leftovers. It's not super flavorful in my opinion, but is satisfying enough. Tonight I made a variation of it- added half of a package of Hickory Lil Smokies. Very good- my husband enjoyed it even more."