Winter Squash with Maple Glaze
You can use any type of winter squash in this simple vegetable bake, but I like to use at least two varieties. It can be assembled a day ahead, then baked just before serving.—Teri Kreyche, Tustin, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups chopped peeled parsnips
- 2 cups cubed peeled kabocha squash
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine parsnips and squashes. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; whisk in maple syrup, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 339 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Winter Squash and Parsnips with Maple Glaze in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.