You can use any type of winter squash in this simple vegetable bake, but I like to use at least two varieties. It can be assembled a day ahead, then baked just before serving.—Teri Kreyche, Tustin, California
Recommended: Baking with Squash
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chopped peeled parsnips
- 2 cups cubed peeled kabocha squash
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine parsnips and squashes. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; whisk in maple syrup, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Winter Squash with Maple Glaze in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014