- 6 cups mashed winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Combine first five ingredients; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients and crumble over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forWinter Squash Casserole
"This was a great recipe to go with our Thanksgiving dinner. I turned it into a make ahead, by making the recipe without the topping and froze it. When it was thawed, I did drain a little excess water off, but added the topping and baked, and it came out perfect. I had to bake longer than the normal recipe called for, FYI. It made a lot, and also think it would be great split between 2 - 8" x 8" pans so you can make one and freeze one for later."
"What KIND of winter squash was used...acorn, butternut , hubbard? ALL winter squash!"