Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta
Even though I can throw together this supper in record time, it impresses our guests because it looks so elaborate. The luscious, creamy sauce makes everybody feel cozy. —Amy Tlockowski, Roanoke, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mashed winter squash, thawed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine squash, 1 cup cheese, cream, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add squash mixture to pasta. Toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten. Top with walnuts and remaining cheese before serving.