Even though I can throw together this supper in record time, it impresses our guests because it looks so elaborate. The luscious, creamy sauce makes everybody feel cozy. —Amy Tlockowski, Roanoke, Virginia
Featured In: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mashed winter squash, thawed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine squash, 1 cup cheese, cream, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add squash mixture to pasta. Toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten. Top with walnuts and remaining cheese before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews forWinter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2016
"This was just ok, nothing special. Won't be making it again."