Winter Plum Punch
The plum jam and spices in this punch create a delightful holiday flavor and aroma. Our Test Kitchen staff filled the ice ring with cinnamon sticks, mint leaves and fruit. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
Makes13 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 cups water, divided
- Assorted fresh fruit (cranberries and lemon and orange slices)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Cinnamon sticks (3 inches), crushed
- 1 cup plum jam
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 cup orange juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups club soda, chilled
- Lightly coat a decorative tube cake pan or gelatin mold with cooking spray; add 1/2 cup of water. Arrange the fruit, mint and cinnamon pieces in pan as desired. Freeze until solid. Add remaining water; arrange more fruit, mint and cinnamon pieces as desired. Freeze until ready to use.
- In a microwave, melt jam; stir until smooth. Add ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Cool. Just before serving, in a punch bowl, combine the juices and jam mixture. Stir in soda.
- Unmold ice ring by wrapping the bottom of the mold in a hot, damp dishcloth. Invert onto a baking sheet; place fruit side up in punch bowl.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Sugar Plum Punch in Country Woman Christmas 2011