This caffeine-free option is a sweet-spicy blend of mint, sage, rosemary, thyme and honey that melts away winter blahs. —Sue Gronholz (Field Editor), Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon wedge
- In a small airtight container, combine the herbs. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare tea: Place 1-1/2 teaspoons tea mix in a glass measuring cup. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, crush mixture until aromas are released. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain tea into a mug, discarding herbs. Stir in honey; serve with lemon. Yield: 18 servings (9 tablespoons tea mix).
Originally published as Winter Herb Tea Mix in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p80