Winter Fruit Compote
You can make this colorful and easy fruit relish up to a week in advance. It’s an outstanding accompaniment to turkey, chicken or pork throughout the holiday season. —Esther Chesney, Carthage, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and vinegar. Cook, covered, on low until cranberries pop and mixture is thickened, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours.
- Turn off heat; stir in apricots, raisins and walnuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 161 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Relish in Light & Tasty December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.