Winter Endive Salad
Here’s a salad with panache! The tangy citrus balances the hint of bitterness in the endive, and the sweet-tart pomegranate seeds add stunning ruby color. —Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total TIme: 25 min.
- 5 cups torn curly endive
- 2 cups watercress
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the endive, watercress and shallot. Sprinkle with pecans and pomegranate seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 104 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Winter Endive Salad in Country Woman February/March 2012