VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Winter Delight Stew in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p65