Winter Delight Stew
This home-style stew is loaded with sausage, beans and vegetables. It wins rave reviews from everyone who tries it.—Lee Sauers, Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
Makes12 servings (4 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until vegetables are tender.