Winter Delight Stew
This home-style stew is loaded with sausage, beans and vegetables. It wins rave reviews from everyone who tries it.—Lee Sauers, Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
Makes12 servings (4 quarts)
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 212 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Winter Delight Stew in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.