Winter Celebrations Cake Recipe
I came up with this dessert by adapting my recipe for July Fourth Celebrations Cake, which calls for fresh fruit. It's a delicious way to dress up angel food cake for any season.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for a 10-in. tube pan. Drain the berries, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough water to the juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. Set berries aside.
- 2. Pour juice mixture into a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in the ice cream until melted. Fold in the berries. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set but not firm.
- 3. For frosting, beat cream in a mixing bowl until thickened. Add applesauce; beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Cut a 1-in. slice off the top of cake; set aside. Using a sharp knife, cut a tunnel out of the cake, leaving a 1-in. wall on all sides; carefully remove cake from inside and save for another use. Fill tunnel with berry mixture; replace cake top. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 278 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Winter Celebrations Cake
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC