- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 10 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, bring the first six ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions and peppers. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forWinter Cabbage Salad
"Giving 4 stars ~ have not made as yet but plan to. Would be a great take along dish to a summer gathering!"