Winning Creamy Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup French onion dip
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, onion dip, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and onion.
- Spread half of the rice mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with chicken, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and green chilies. Top with remaining rice mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 454 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1085mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2018
I made my own onion dip and used regular rice instead of instant. I used chicken broth to cook the rice and added the chopped onion to the rice while it was cooking to save a step. We love it - so much so that I frequently double the recipe to have enough for leftovers. Thanks Jaky!