Winning Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, beating just until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 427 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 3, 2017
This pound cake turned out perfect and taste wonderful!! It is sooo moist!! LOVE IT!
Aug 31, 2015
Easy recipe to make. I added some lemon zest. Good cake to serve with strawberries and ice cream. I will probably make again.
Sep 2, 2013
Great recipe! This is one of my favorite go-to cake recipes. It always turns out so well, and everyone loves it. I can be "dressed up" with berries and whipped cream or frosting or ice cream, or it's delicious just as is.
May 27, 2013
This was I N C R E D I B L E. My first time making pound cake and I sure picked a winning recipe! Moist and delicious. This one is a keeper.
May 7, 2012
Amazing texture and flavor.
Apr 29, 2011
Super easy and turned out Delicious! This is great if you like a heavy pound cake. My Husband loved it!
Apr 1, 2011
I absolutely love this recipe. I make it often and I have shared the recipe with several people. It always comes out of the oven smelling and Iooking delicious. I also love to toast a slice and eat it that way.
Mar 2, 2011
Warning: Don't eat this warm, you will not be able to stop! Very good cooled also.
Jan 30, 2011
I have been married almost 28 years and have made this cake so many times. I have my things in storage now and could not find them. This has been so much help and I definitely will make this cake again and again.
Oct 13, 2010
I made this cake last weekend, and it was very very dense and had a bit of a flour taste to it. the only way i would consider making this recipe again would be by altering the recipe a bit. But the kids and my husband liked it, and my dog actually stole the entire cake off the table after I forgot to put away, didn't even leave a crumb...LOL
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.