- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened and cranberries have popped.
- Chill. Serve as an accompaniment to turkey or pork. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews forWinning Cranberry Chutney
"Made this just yesterday for T'giving. It's delicious with a definite bite, much more complex then usual cranberry side salad. I omitted onion, wanted it more sweet."
"I looked through 35 pages to find this recipe again. I found it a bit tart so added about another half cup brown sugar and a full cup of dried apricots. They are the best in this. Tames it down a bit. It makes a pretty good bit and, although it stays well in the fridge, next time, I will freeze some."
"Tried this for the first time this year--its lovely. A new staple on our T-day menu!"