Winning Crab Quiche Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) flaked crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, flour, eggs and milk. Stir in the crab, onion, parsley and cheese. Spoon into the pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 379 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Winning Crab Quiche
"I tried this recipe last night and it was fab. I did tweek it a little bit. I didn't use the parsley, but added frozen chopped spinach. I squeezed all the water out, and used a third of the box. I also used to taste, salt, pepper and garlic powder. I only had a can of refrigerated crab claw meat 16 oz, so I used the whole can. I can't wait to make this again. I will shield the crust next time, as it tried to get too brown. Great, great recipe. Bc"
"Tried this for the first time tonight. Loved it. I used imitation crab meat. It got a little too brown, but was delicious anyway. Next time I might shield it for the last 15 mins with foil."
"Very yummy quiche! My husband is not a quiche fan, but he loved this one and almost ate half the pie. I used imitation crab meat, dried parsley, and what ever cheese I had on hand. It still turned out delicious. Glad I made it."
"Was not edible. Turned out to be a soggy mess. Very disappointing."