- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir in milk and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Spoon ice cream into crust. Stir sauce; spread over ice cream. Top with whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forWinning Coffee Ice Cream Pie
"This is such a good recipe! I have made it several times now (using different kinds of ice cream). Everyone remembers this one!"
"I live in Pennsylvania and grew up loving Breyer's coffee ice cream, even tho I didn't like coffee at the time. I plan on trying this soon."
"Love this pie recipe. For a change of pace I use strawberry icecream, and with the chocolate its grrrrreat! Also, I added fresh berries to "real" whipped cream. The whipped topping seemed a bit heavy ofr a "light" pie. I make this one over and over, all with different flkavors...... try it - you will love it. I can't find "starbucks ice cream" either, I use Blue Bunny. LeMars Iowa loves me as Blue Bunny is the BEST!"
"looks and sounds good. ill try that version next time. yummm : )"
"Hi again,I've forgot tot ask soemthing.In the Netherlands we can't buyfrozen whipped cream,thawed.Can I use whippingcreme and freeze that?Or isd there something else i can youse in stat.(excuse me for my english it's been a while)"
"Hey,I love this recipe.My parents are one vacation, and wednesday they will be back, I'm watching there house and, I'm coocking dinner when they arived they cab\n sit down at the table and eat.This is a nice dessert and I can make it in advance.I'm a dutch woman and I just love the Taste of Home site :-))"
"Any ice cream is going to work...strawberry would be great...cherry-vanilla would be great...of course chocolate or vanilla will be terrific...dieters could use any frozen yogurt or fat free types - I like Breyer's Free for Ice Cream and Ben & Jerry's low-fat frozen yogurts such as Cherry Garcia and chocolate Fudge Brownie..diabetics could do sugar-free or whatever fits their diet.To use coffee, I would try dissolving one tablespoon of instant coffee or instant espresso in one tablespoon of hot water; let it cool; and then stir it into softened ice cream. "
"Re Ellen Wilke comment;Starbucks brand of ice cream. All the grocery chains in Az. carry so sure Wisconsin would too. Good luck! Ruthstew"