Winning Apricot Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Fold in coconut and walnuts.
- Press two-thirds of dough onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves; crumble remaining dough over preserves. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 195 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 8, 2020
Super easy and delicious!
Feb 28, 2020
Excellent treat with a cup of coffee or hot tea! I swapped peach preserves for the apricot and it was a big hit! These are very rich, so cut into small squares - great for a party tray.
Sep 27, 2019
Great recipe! Everyone loved it!
Sep 27, 2019
This is wonderful! I made the recipe exactly as written except for using an 11x7 pan, and we loved it. I highly recommend!
Aug 10, 2019
Excellent I used 18 ounces of apricot preserves plus more walnuts !
Jul 30, 2019
These were a big hit! I used a bit less jam and coconut to reduce the sugar, and they were still delicious.
Jul 15, 2019
Yes, they can be frozen. I make with fresh apricots too, turns out fantastic!
Jun 25, 2019
Thanks for the recipe, we enjoyed it. I used 18 oz. of preserves. Here's a tip: take the lid off the glass jar of jam and microwave for a minute or two. It makes it easy to spread.
Jul 19, 2018
I would recommend that you place more of crum mixture on bottom layer when there is lee on top, it's as pretty as the picture.
May 8, 2018
Can these be frozen??