Wine Dressing for Fruit
A simple bowl of fruit drizzled with this delightful wine dressing from Donna Warner in Tavares, Florida could easily double as an elegantly simple, light dessert.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup white Burgundy wine or white grape juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a bowl. Discard cinnamon and cloves. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cool. Serve with fruit. Refrigerate leftover dressing.