Windmills on a Stick
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup colored sugars
- 30 milk chocolate M&M's
- 30 wooden or craft sticks
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and egg yolk until smooth. Combine flour and baking powder; beat into cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 15x9-in. rectangle. With a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut dough into 3-in. squares. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Beat egg white until frothy; brush over squares. Sprinkle with colored sugars. Cut through the dough from each corner of a square to within 1/2 in. of the center. Fold alternating points to the center to form a windmill; pinch gently at center to seal.
- Press an M&M into each center. Gently press a wooden stick near the dough points. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until set (cookies will not brown). Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.
Jul 13, 2009
After your comment I have added:**add a flavoring (vanilla, almond, mint or ??) to the copied recipe. I imagine they are a rather dry cookie so they will stand on a stick.
Jul 12, 2009
These cookies turned out great, but the taste was very dry and not flavorful- could there be a missing ingredient?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.