Windmills on a Stick
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup colored sugars
- 30 milk chocolate M&M's
- 30 wooden or craft sticks
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and egg yolk until smooth. Combine flour and baking powder; beat into cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 15x9-in. rectangle. With a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut dough into 3-in. squares. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Beat egg white until frothy; brush over squares. Sprinkle with colored sugars. Cut through the dough from each corner of a square to within 1/2 in. of the center. Fold alternating points to the center to form a windmill; pinch gently at center to seal.
- Press an M&M into each center. Gently press a wooden stick near the dough points. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until set (cookies will not brown). Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 13, 2009
After your comment I have added:**add a flavoring (vanilla, almond, mint or ??) to the copied recipe. I imagine they are a rather dry cookie so they will stand on a stick.
Jul 12, 2009
These cookies turned out great, but the taste was very dry and not flavorful- could there be a missing ingredient?