Wilted Lettuce Recipe
"Here's an easy, old-fashioned salad that makes for a different-tasting side dish," writes Jennie Wilburn of Long Creek, Oregon. "You can use less bacon drippings to cut down on the fat."
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1. Place lettuce and onion in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp (do not drain). Stir in vinegar, water, salt and pepper. Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated. Top with egg. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 95 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Wilted Lettuce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC