- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Pepper to taste
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and onions in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Stir the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt in drippings. Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated. Top with egg. Serve immediately.
1 cup: 93 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.