Wilted Lettuce Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Pepper to taste
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and onions in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Stir the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt in drippings. Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated. Top with egg. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 93 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2017
I love this wilted salad but never made it before. This was such an easy recipe to follow and it turned out perfect. I left out the hard boiled eggs but the salad was so good it didn't need them. I did add some extra bacon.
Jun 15, 2017
Made this with green onions and loose leaf lettuce from my garden. Very tasty, I also sliced a cucumber and radish into mine.
Dec 3, 2012
great way to get in these power greens! my husband and i loved it!