- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Pepper to taste
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Place lettuce or spinach and onions in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Do not drain off drippings. Stir in vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt. Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated. Top with hard-cooked egg. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWilted Lettuce Salad
"Made this with green onions and loose leaf lettuce from my garden. Very tasty, I also sliced a cucumber and radish into mine."
"great way to get in these power greens! my husband and i loved it!"