Wilted Garlic Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound fresh spinach, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, broth, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the garlic in canola oil for 1 minute. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes or just until spinach is wilted and coated with sauce. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 66 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Dec 11, 2013
I didn't care for this at all. The texture and taste seemed off.
Dec 6, 2011
I had some spinach that was getting a little old and I didn't want to eat it for salads anymore, so I used it to make this recipe. It was perfect. I was out of chicken broth so I substituted white wine. Delicious!