VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch curly endive, torn
- 4 slices bread, cubed and toasted
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Add oil to drippings; saute garlic and onion until tender. Stir in vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the endive, bread cubes and bacon. Pour the warm dressing over salad and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Endive Salad in Country June/July 1998, p51