Wilted Dandelion Greens Salad Recipe
- 6 cups dandelion greens
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Wash dandelion greens thoroughly; drain and place in a large salad bowl. Chill.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- 3. For dressing, combine eggs, vinegar, sugar and enough water to make 1 cup. Beat well; pour into the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Pour over greens and toss well. Sprinkle with chopped eggs and crumbles bacon; toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Editor's Note: Verify that dandelion greens haven't been treated with lawn-care chemicals. When dandelions aren't in season, you can substitute fresh spinach for the greens.
1 cup: 125 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.