- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and remaining butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in the chicken, soup, green beans, water chestnuts, carrot, mayonnaise and green pepper mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forWild Wild Rice
"While I would give this 5 stars, for some odd reason, my family didn't care for it. I don't understand because I have made similar casseroles. I know they don't like water chestnuts, so I did omit them, but I added chopped celery instead. I personally think it's a good recipe."