Wild West Wellingtons Recipe
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 teaspoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- Salsa, optional
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with salt, cumin and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown steaks on both sides; remove and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and chilies; set aside.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Cut into two 12x8-in. rectangles. Place a steak on one side of each rectangle; top with cream cheese mixture. Fold pastry over meat; seal seams. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 3. Combine egg and water; brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 644 calories, 35g fat (12g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 773mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 44g protein.
Reviews for Wild West Wellingtons
"I made this for my father in law on Father's Day a couple years ago. It was so simple to prepare, was very elegant in appearance, and tasted fantastic. He absolutely loved it. I can't wait for another occasion to make this!"