- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound ground beef or venison
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown bacon and the beef or venison; drain. Add the seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, celery, onion, carrots and green pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Stir in beans; cook 30 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWild West Chili
"Made just as stated except left out the cayenne pepper as we didn't have any in the house. This was possibly the BEST chili we ever ate. Only change I would make is to fry the bacon crispy & then add the venison."
"I made this chili for my son's first birthday party which had a western theme. It was a hit! Everyone wanted the recipe. It was fine just as it was but I did add cumin and beer. Will definitely make it again. This is a keeper!"