Wild Turkey Rice Bake Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked wild turkey
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions; place in a large bowl. Dissolve bouillon in hot water; add to rice. Stir in the turkey, celery, soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion and soy sauce.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 279 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1332mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Wild Turkey Rice Bake
"My husband loves this recipe! I ate one serving, he ate the rest before I could pack up the left overs for my lunch the next day! This is a wonderful way to use left over turkey!"