Wild Rice with Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 5 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix*
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water and rice mix with contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the soup, milk, cream cheese and salt; stir until cheese is melted. Add broccoli and carrot; cook over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain and Wild Rice mix.
1-1/2 cups: 232 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice with Broccoli Soup
"Very easy and nice for a cold night. I added a splash of worcestershire sauce as well"
"easy to make delicious and lowfat!"