- 5 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix*
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and rice mix with contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the soup, milk, cream cheese and salt; stir until cheese is melted. Add broccoli and carrot; cook over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWild Rice with Broccoli Soup
"Very easy and nice for a cold night. I added a splash of worcestershire sauce as well"
"easy to make delicious and lowfat!"