Wild Rice Turkey Salad
I tasted a wonderful wild rice and chicken salad at a restaurant during a stay at our cabin, so I developed this recipe using turkey when I returned home.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup cashews, divided
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, turkey, onions, celery and water chestnuts. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper and dill; pour over salad and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Coarsely chop 3/4 cup cashews. Just before serving, stir the grapes and chopped cashews into salad. Garnish with remaining cashews.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 544 calories, 35g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Oct 24, 2009
This recipe was very quick and very good! I used leftover wild rice and then modified it a little by adding shell pasta noodles. It was very delicious and simple to throw together.